Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I beat the clouds!!

My new Revelation 200 OTA arrived today, (many thanks to Daz, I had to wait for my friend to bring from the UK), last week we had clear skies then on Tuesday the clouds rolled in :), yesterday was carp :D:), last night was wall to wall clouds :lol: My expectaions weren't very good this morning, again clouds, OTA arrived at 11 am, by noon the skies cleared and I frantically dashed out complete the Dob base that I started in anticipation. Finished it as the Sun set, assembled the scope and waited for Saturn to show.

Skies stayed clear and I saw more detail than I had seen before, just got to fine tune the mount, it's very stiff and movement is a bit rough.

I do like the focusing and the detail of the image, now I know what all of you have been seeing all this time, only got to get the work on the house finished, then I will have more time to use the scope.

Hope to give a report when time permits.

naz :D :D :D

Archived