Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Noisy Inverter

Preparing for Wales next week, I am testing out a recently acquired 14v 24Ah battery - works just peachy!

So, I have hooked up my 300w inverter and am currently road-testing the laptop on this. So far, all looks good except the inverter is flippin' noisy.

Admitedly, its on a table at the moment, so there is some vibration going on, but even suspended there is not much reduction. Most of it appears to be the fan.

Any thoughts on dampening the sound a bit - stick it in another foam lined box or something......

I'd hate to upset 25 grump astronomers...... :)

erm... Have you tried it out in your garden? I'm just thinking aloud, but if it's warm in your house, the fan might be working overtime to keep the unit cool. Perhaps a sharp intake of cold air might give it something to think about.

And if you think that a lickle inverter is going to annoy people, I dread to think what they're going to do when they hear my CG5 grinding it's way across the sky...

Err..Please Daz, don't upset me in the early hours of the morning.... :)

Noisy inverters..never known the like of it.. :D

Don't do noise.. :)

By the time the thing is sitting on the grass and settled down and Phatts's is is shouting.."Yo look at this ..Piri Piri burgers glow in the dark" ..I wouldn't worry too much about the noise....

300w....Can I plug my carvan into it please..... :shock:

Archived