NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Have I overpriced my modded D300?

x6gas

I put my Canon d300 on the 'for sale' section a while ago. It's had teh filter replaced with the Baader one by Astronomiser and has some extra batteries, memory cards and a sequencer.

I had a bit of interest but it didn't sell and I've since reduced the price twice but had absolutely no interest. I am really curious if I have overpriced this package - it's less than I paid for it 6 months ago but I guess that could just mean I paid well over the odds. With the new rules on the for sale board you get no feedback on price etc so I'd be really grateful for honest opinions - my intention was not to rip anyowe off. As I understand it, the relatively large pixel size is an advantage but are these cameras just not desirable anymore now that there are more modern cameras with more pixels and features like live view?

Thanks in advance.

I managed to find it and given the mod it's had and the extra's I'd think it's quite a fair price, bearing in mind it's just my opinion and is not to be relied upon as the correct current market value. Maybe it's down to it being an older model but it's perfect for someones first camera.

Also it's probably suffering from a bit of beingstuckonpagefouritis.

i looked at it as well, eventually found it :) and the price for what it is and whats included as well as filters ect do seem fairly priced,

it might be a little as pibbles said of

beingstuckonpagefouritis
one of the disadvantages of the new bumpsless system

the other problem may be that a 1100d is roughly the same price new, has alot of feutures lacking on the 300d, have you tried ABAS?

Will ask: Is there a market in modded DSLR's?

Those not doing astronomy do not want one and if anyone is already imaging they probably have one.

I do not image and I have a DSLR. If I were to give it a try I would simply attach the one I have to a scope. I wouldn't go and buy another. I am guessing that quite a lot of people are in the same position.

Friend wants to have a go at imaging and their idea is to "borrow" the wife's new DSLR and give it a try. Suppose that an astronomy modded DSLR may be considered not ideal for standard photography, and owning 2 could be difficult to justify.

Just thinking that the reality of the market to sell to could be much smaller then perhaps is first thought.

Will ask: Is there a market in modded DSLR's?

Those not doing astronomy do not want one and if anyone is already imaging they probably have one.

I do not image and I have a DSLR. If I were to give it a try I would simply attach the one I have to a scope. I wouldn't go and buy another. I am guessing that quite a lot of people are in the same position.

Friend wants to have a go at imaging and their idea is to "borrow" the wife's new DSLR and give it a try. Suppose that an astronomy modded DSLR may be considered not ideal for standard photography, and owning 2 could be difficult to justify.

Just thinking that the reality of the market to sell to could be much smaller then perhaps is first thought.

There is a fairly decent market, normally they all sell that I've seen. They are something that most dslr astro imagers aim for in the long run which is why they don't normally hang around.

Those that don't do astronomy wouldn't be looking at the ad's here though and lthere are always people wanting their first modded camera or others wanting more. That said your right in the fact that it is a market limited to astronomers, canon dslr owners and probably ghost hunters.

Actually there is an idea, I don't know of a place you can sell to the woo crowd but they'd probably part with 500 quid if they think they'll see ghosts with it.:)

Archived