Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Deep Sky Stacker memory problem

I have been using Deep Sky Stacker for sometime without problems. Last week at the Salisbury star party I used it to stack 120 subs of M31 succesfuly. This week, eveytime I try to use it , just as it completes the stacking and is about to generate the final image, it stops with an out of memory report. This happens even on very small files. I have plenty of room on hard drives and I have tried shutting down every non-essential function including sidebars, and even antivirus all with no effect. I am puzzled as to why this has only just started to happen. Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Peter

No worries, glad it worked for you. :)

I was following a tutorial which told me to select X2 Drizzle so I did but I ended up with the same message. I think DSS has an issue with DSLR pics sometimes.

I follow the DSS forum quite religiously, and almost EVERY time an "out of memory" problem comes up, it is because Drizzle is being applied to the ENTIRE image.

Just thought you might want to know !

Jim S.

Archived