Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC6946 Fireworks Galaxy

Fenriz

Hi guys

Had a a few problems getting this one, took 30 x 120sec subs @ ISO1600 but had to scrap about 6 or so due to movement, not sure what was going on. Its not the best image, but the best I could come up with.

This is the blurb from Wikipedia....

NGC 6946, (also known as the Fireworks Galaxy, Arp 29, and Caldwell 12), is an intermediate spiral galaxy about 22 million light-years away, on the border between the constellations Cepheus and Cygnus. It was discovered by William Herschel on September 9, 1798. NGC 6946 is highly obscured by interstellar matter of the Milky Way galaxy, as it is quite close to the galactic plane. Nine supernovae (SN 1917A, SN 1939C, SN 1948B, SN 1968D, SN 1969P, SN 1980K, SN 2002hh, SN 2004et, and SN 2008S) have been observed in NGC 6946.

spacer.gifNGC6946_Final.jpg

Comments and suggestions always welcome.

Thanks guys, I plan to add more subs to this when the skies permit. Last nights caused a problem as was right on the meridian and bottom of scope was really close to tripod leg, so much so that when I had finished I slewed to Sadr to move to my next object that the scope hit the leg and knocked all alignment out and just couldn't get aligned well enough again so packed up for the night, also everything was dripping wet with dew.

Archived