NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Software setting for webcam

Hi, could someone help a novice please.

I have bought a SPC880 ( Flashed) and have followed the instructions for removing the grey cover and lense. I have attached the 1.25 adapter and have attached it to the scope (Nexstar6 se). All i can get on my laptop is grey fuzz. I am using software called Debut video capture and have tried playing around with the settings, contrast, exposure etc.

Is there an optimum way to set the camera up? Im not precious about the software so if i need to change it no problem.

Many thanks in advance for any advice. I have also posted this in the Imaging section

Rapallokid.

Hi

WXAstroCapture is free and very easy to use.

In WX connect to the camera (Should show as Philips spc900nc)

Then you should be able to get at exposure settings etc

To start leave exposure as Auto find something bright

Adjust focus until you get a sharp image

Then you can fiddle with Manual settings if you want.

Sharpcap is a good one to use - as above. I'd suggest you look at the excellent Astronomy Shed video tutorials as I found it easier to see things being done rather than figuring it out from the written word. You need to learn and experiment with Gain settings and remember to focus on the object. You may think you can't see anything with the SPC 900 but it may actually be there , but be miles out of focus.

Try, say the moon first, then move on to Jupiter - very bright and high up in the sky just now....assuming no clouds of course!

Archived