Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Star Diagonal?

If I use the Diagonal attachment it means having to unscrew it every time when I am finished

Why would you do that?

My Revelation stays on my Mak all the time - it's a very robust fitting, and one less thing to worry about when setting up / breaking down.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well you can - but it would be cheaper to just return the diagonal for replacement with the other one.

You're legally entitled to do so. SnS won't object. Phone them first though! :)

Have tried ringing SnS all day? I rang before I ordered yesterday, and tried nearly all day? Eventually got through, and was told to ring in an hour. Rang when told and was informed that person had now gone to lunch! Was then told they would ring me after 5pm.

I was out and they rang at 3pm (James?) Left a message would ring me today... but didn't (as yet) So Rang them again... most of the day... no answer... Eventually got through and was told James was seeing a customer in the 'Dome'? Left a message to ring me when he was available?

As yet.... 16.50hrs... they still haven't rang me? They close at 5pm.

Why would you do that?

My Revelation stays on my Mak all the time - it's a very robust fitting, and one less thing to worry about when setting up / breaking down.

As stated in my earlier post... by nature I am very clumsy! :) because I am disabled.. and find it difficult enough to set up... and don't need any extra weight?

Have tried ringing SnS all day?

Oh yes - SnS are hopeless at answering the phone and even more hopeless at returning calls. They're infamous for it. You just need to call at regular intervals and try and catch them between customers in the shop.

Keep the conversation simple - "I need to swap X for Y because I mistakenly ordered X" and you'll not need to speak to anyone special in my experience.

Oh yes - SnS are hopeless at answering the phone and even more hopeless at returning calls. They're infamous for it. You just need to call at regular intervals and try and catch them between customers in the shop.

Keep the conversation simple - "I need to swap X for Y because I mistakenly ordered X" and you'll not need to speak to anyone special in my experience.

Thanks Great_Bear.... and no they didn't ring me back! Fortunately, I have a cousin who lives in LA, and Agenaastro are in Paramount, Los Angeles... and not far from where he lives!

He's going to call over there this afternoon (their time) and source one for me and post it off....small miracles eh! :)

Thanks Great_Bear.... and no they didn't ring me back! Fortunately, I have a cousin who lives in LA, and Agenaastro are in Paramount, Los Angeles... and not far from where he lives!

He's going to call over there this afternoon (their time) and source one for me and post it off....small miracles eh! :)

I forgot to add..... having calculated the expense of postage X3 plus extra £9 for the correct Diagonal... and cost of the phone calls to SnS £30 extra already!! ;)

Excellent result. Scopes 'n' Skies did once sell those same chrome GSO barrels a while back, but when I looked a couple of months ago, they no longer seemed to do them. I was considering picking one up when I thought I might dabble in refractors for a while.

Can you not get a replacement push-fit 2" diagonal. Most manufacturers have the 2" diagonals in 2 versions: SCT thread and 2" push-fit. I got the latter precisely for the reasons you give. Otherwise, you could get this adapter from Baader:

Baader Adapter 2' Steckhülse auf SC Aussengewinde - SC an 2'

Archived