NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Celestron C11 at almost 1200X mag !

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it seems im just going to have to prove it when i get the chance to use it for the night on the moon and shoot a video :)

I believe these magnifications are possible and needed when using a webcam for imaging for example if you look at my Jupiter video linked in my sig on youtube if you base my webcam being equal to a 6mm eyepiece plus using the TV 2.5 powermate the equivalent magnification would be around 1166X if the figures do work out that way

But as said that is using a webcam them sort of magnifications would be no good for visual at the eyepiece which i use between 100x and 250x if conditions are good

Kevin

You might get a better view of the sun by using a sub-aperture filter rather than going for a full 11 inch one. Daytime seeing is often lousy and small apertures are looking through a smaller diameter beam so one which is less affected by different cells of turbulence.

Olly

Archived