NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

help with my goto mount and synscan?

amyscott

can anyone help , got my new 127mm mak synscan goto scope today , but i cant get rid of the error message

NO LINK TO MOUNT , STAND ALONE MODE

everything is connected correctly or it wouldnt say the voltage is 12.7v on the controller and it lights up so think the controller and lead is fine

hope someone can help as i really dont want to go through the hassle of sending it back

many thanks

amy

x

Hey Amy I use this mount and is a great mount just picky sometimes with voltage and stuff. What is the power supply being used to power it?? Is it batteries or car jumper pack with cigrarette socket??

Sometime the standard battery pack used with batteries can cause very unexpected results like the issue you got even though it shows 12.7 volts as the goto mounts the amps are more important than the voltage. A power tank is usually recommended for use as it is more stable.

Unless it is a faulty mount or handset as basicly it is saying that the handset cant talk to the motors in the mount. Try an alternative power source first as if you are on batteries this can cause the problems you describe.

That message means that your hand controller can't see the mount head; either the cable from the hand controller to the mount head is not seated well at one or both ends, or the power input is plugged into the hand controller instead of the mount head port.

• 4 weeks later...

After three years of successful operation, my hand controller displays "Initializing ..." for one second then goes blank after power up. This occurs with power supplied from a power tank or a 12V transformer. The hand controller works fine on another mount. I have replaced the power board and the HC I/O board. Any suggestions regarding fixes or tests I can perform would be most welcome.

Richard Hoagland

Archived