Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AstroArt 5 advice

Looking Up

Hello everyone,

I have Pixinsight that I use for my image processing but I can't stack large numbers of images because I run out of memory(close to 2 gig available according to the memory command in PI), I am running windows 7 32 bit ( I should have specified 64 but it's too late now!:)) I also run out of memory on several other processes (gradients merge mosaics is one I really want to work but stops halfway through!:D). Anyway, my question is will AA5 run using less memory when stacking? Difficult question I know! I am guessing it must be better than DDS?

I don't want to buy it and have the same problems!!

Thanks

Spencer

Hi Spencer,

I can't really answer your question but can add a bit to the picture, maybe. I had a memory leak issue in AA4 so could not batch process large stacks in one go. I used to make sub stacks (1 to 8, 9-16, etc and then average combine those. Bit of a hassle. This happened even on my powerful desk machine so it was inherent to AA.

AA5 has changed all that. It zooms through batch processing like lightening so I presume the algorithms are very efficient. (I think the blurb emphasizes this aspect.) So... it might sing for you.

Can't you download a non-saving trial version? I think you can.

Olly

Archived