Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Is this normal? - My new Baader filter from FLO

Sp@ce_d

Hmm

Just got a 2" Baader Ha filter delivered from FLO. Should it rattle & be so loose in the mounting ring?

Aside from my SW LP filter this is the first "proper" filter I've bought so before I start fiddling I'm wondering if the clip holding it in should be tightened in some way. It's certainly loose enough to move over the threads.

Is this something you normally have to do. Seems like a potential way to mark/scratch the filter?

It's not normal... see what the guys at FLO have to say... sounds like the locking ring has slackened off... I normally use a wooden tooth pick to tighten up the reatining rings... there's probably a pair of notches in it...

I have just dug out my 2" Baader Ha filter the retaining ring is located on the front face of the filter its very thin and has two slots 180 dgerees apart on it...

Peter...

Yes I see the notches. I asked because I was wondering if I should have a special tool for them, like c clip pliers.. I have them. But I'm not going near it with something that might scratch. If it's supposed to screw in then it's loose enough to jump over the threads. I'll have a look for a toothpick/cocktail stick and see if it will carefully tighten

Interesting.. ok I've done it. It was actually rattling between the outside edge of the mounting ring and the filter so it didn't seem as if it has a thread. However pushing it up against the filter and then turning it with a cocktail stick seems to have done the trick. :(

Thanks Peter much appreciated :)

Typical, there was a bit of clear sky earlier now my chance to test it has passed as the stars are rapidly disappearing.. :p

Archived