Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Good description of String Theory

'String theorists' (forgive me the label, I realise they hate it) claim that the theory is so elegant it would be highly unlikely for it to be wrong, just like Einstein's relativity theory for instance... The only difference is the relativism is somehow still intuitive enough to be 'relatively' manageable to comprehend, whereas the string theory to me is so complicated, vast, unstable, theoretical and remote that... I just don't get it. Obviously it may be down to all the quantum madness and advancement of the current physics, not quite cut for a layman... but then would you still not expect even highly advanced things to be described in an easy (just like Feynman would like) way so they appear elegant, and make sense after all?

I hope they are right on the other hand. It would have been such a waste of time if they weren't.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived