Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Swedish imaging roll-off observatory in progress

Grinde

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update!

My sis found an unused £130 electric cable hoist in the garage that came with the house when she bought it, & donated it to my observatory construction madness... I quickly made a mount on the wall & bought some wires & improvised as I went on, here's a video!! I'm having so much fun with this :) I've opened up the handcontroller & thinking of ways operate the motor remotely from my home, hmmmm hmmmmm....

Video Link: Roll off roof, rolling off & on | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I'm sure you have good reasons, but why did you put the outside timber vertically, not horizontally as seen with most builds?

Sharp eyes, the only reason was to make the observatory "blend in" next to the other houses on my sisters land, since the big red farmhouse has the exact same swedish farmstyle vertical panels, & I'll be painting the obsy in the same colors when the spring comes. :)

Archived