Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron 7mm Axiom LX

Anweniel

Recently bought this EP after reading reviews/comparisons and seeing the awesome price reduction on FLO.

A good start to making significant improvements to my setup without breaking the bank.

Have had a couple of chances to give it a try in the scope, and compared to the Plössl's I have from the celestron eyepiece kit (the closest to 7mm I have in this set are 6mm and 8mm, I also comapred to the 13mm in conjuction with the 2x barlow) and the results are really no comparison at all the axiom is an obvious winner and im sure my eyes breathed a sigh of relief as the aperture is very generous on the axiom whereas the plössl's are almost pin pricks.

However I do have 1 gripe, the dust caps. being made of rubber instead of plastic is a nice idea as a clumsy oaf like myself does tend to knock stuff over observing in the night :evil6: and they just feel like they are probably less likely to do much damage to the the barrel/cup when adding/removing, but the one on they eyecup is just far too loose! Even the cheap eyepieces that came with the scope fit snug, I kind of expected from a premium piece of kit to demonstrate the same.

Anyone find this annoying?

Not sure the pic really demonstrates this well, but should I turn the eyepiece upside down the cup would just fall off :):)

post-28107-133877681351_thumb.jpg

Archived