NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The bubble. *Now Ha- Ha-OIII-OIII *

MikeD

Shot over three nights, 16th 18th and 19th of October.

Ha = 37 @ 900 seconds

OIII = 23 @ 900 seconds

Shot through my 10" Newt and HX916 CCD

This image show up the week spots in my imaging train.

I have mounted the focuser from inside the draw tube to get the back focus I needed to use a MPCC without the expence of a low profile focuser, that's what is entering the light path and showing up in the blue halo.

The halows come from the Lumicon OIII filter I was very kindly given, apart from producing halos on bright stars it is also not par-focal with my astronomik filters and thats a pain when imaging with an OAG because I when I focus for the OIII filter I also have to refocus the guide cam attached to the OAG.:)

Anyway here it is.:)

miked-albums-mikes-images-2-picture14100-ngc7535-rgb-processed2.jpg

yfronto-albums-mikes-images-2-picture14100-ngc7535-rgb-processed2.jpg

Thanks Peter,

I may have smacked it a bit hard with the processing stick in pursuit of detail and contrast and ended up with an unnatural looking image.

This is a little more pleasing to the eye I think:) and I had a crude go at the big halo.:)

Mike.

miked-albums-mikes-images-2-picture14117-ngc7535-rgb-processed8.jpg

yfronto-albums-mikes-images-2-picture14117-ngc7535-rgb-processed8.jpg

This is nice and detailed, Mike. The focuser intrusion is only really and issue on the halo and very brightest stars. At the expense of aperture, you could consider an aperture mask to even up the score. The MPCC is well worth having to improve the star shapes.

With regard to re-focusing the guide camera, have you tried guiding on an unfocused star? There is a school of thought that shows that a slightly unfocused guide star can make it easier for the guiding software to determine the centroid - perhaps a brief experiment could save you further grief.

Archived