Polar Aligning Tonight Advice Required

Ok its going to get dark in a few hours, incredible blue sky currently, so hoping it will be a clear night and DRY night.

If I was to attempt to polar align tonight, do I need to ensure that when the RA is rotated by 12 hrs and RA clutch locked, and that when the Dec is rotated by 90 deg and Dec clutch locked, such that Polaris is on PolarScope due South on PolarScope Graph that this matches Polaris in Night Sky and equates to Polaris in Transit.

What should happen to Polaris in Night Sky if do not change this configuration.

As Earth rotates

[1] Should Polaris in Night Sky remain in this position matching Polaris in PolarScope Graph ie still be Due South,

or

[2] Should Polaris in Night Sky move along the Circumference of the Circle scribed by Polaris in PolarScope Graph

or

[3] something else if so please advise

Intrigued on preps required for next steps, as I find this challenge very interesting, exciting, apart from nightmare of Altitude bolts adjustment to match Latidude yesterday.

Oh and finally, please don't say I will need to adjust Alt bolts tonight as part of fine tuning, as they have pretty much gone to max tension at 52 degrees.

Also finally what do I do with the timing outputs of Polaris Transit from PolarFinder application. How do I use the PolarFinder outputs as Input to Polar Alignment tonight in setting the circles.

Apologies in advance for the basic questions, but its all learning curve for me shifting from theory to application!

If your doing visual i would just get Polaris into the circle in the Polarscope for now to get used to it. I just match the image in Polarfinder to the one in my Polarscope at any given time.

You may well have to use the Alt bolts as well :D

All was wondering what the purpose of this dial on the PolarScope on Mount was for

Have a loo at this attachment.

My current longitude is 2Min 9Secs West og GMT

So if I set this dial at this Longitude, what impact does this have on my

[1] Reticule Setting?

[2] RA Setting?

[3] Dec Setting (assuming N\A here?)

Otherwise if this has nothing to do with Longitude, what is the purpose of this Dial, as I assume it is required for calibrating some setting circle.

post-29689-133877678868_thumb.jpg

Archived