Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Back in the hobby after months!

virtualpilot45

Due to a combination of holidays and an entire MONTH of clouds I have only just got back into astronomy. I am promising myself I will collimate my scope soon, but in the meantime I am practising afocal pictures. Got one of the moon and one of Jupiter with Io and Europa close by. I was looking for the GRS yesterday but it completely evaded me. I knew I was looking in the right place but I suppose opposition might make a difference, and I hear high solar activity makes it redder, so there is still hope I suppose!

Jupiter8.png

and the moon

16octmoon.png

:D

Welcome back :D

Had a little play with the Jupiter image... moved the R/G/B channels around a little so they were aligned and sharpened the B - as it was the best.

Nice shot you have there...!

Ant

Welcome back :D

Had a little play with the Jupiter image... moved the R/G/B channels around a little so they were aligned and sharpened the B - as it was the best.

Nice shot you have there...!

Ant

That's brilliant, the moons are no longer a confusing colour and Jupiter's looking sharper. ;)

Archived