Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Best method with a DBK Colour CCD?

Flyingpig

I have a colour DBK41 which I bought 3-4 years ago when information on the imaging source cameras was thin on the ground.

I have not used it much, mostly because I dont know how best to use it. I bought it as I wanted to produce colour images without knowing about the mono LRGB method. I have therefore been wondering what the best method is with these colour cameras.

Simply get as much image scale as the seeing allows and take as many frames as possible at the fastest possible exposure setting.

You will probably find it easier to stretch a slightly dim image than correct an over exposed one.

Use Registax or avistack to stack say 1000 frames and use the best 100-200 to form the image.

Cheers

You need to use Y800 codec, which will show you the image in B&W while capturing. You then need to debayer in registax (using the GB box under the Options tab for debayer) to bring the colour back. This thread will help http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-planetary/154063-jupiter-2-september-help-improve-please.html#post1932472

Helen

Archived