M101 SN

I have seen it sort of but not confirmed it as such. With out the back ground galaxy being visible I had to rely on the GT getting me on target but being unsure on the orientation of the view I just had to make do taking in what I saw. If any of that makes sense :D I'm hoping it will still be around for next weeks star party and the skies play ball to confirm it for sure.

I managed to catch the SN on Saturday evening.. I put it at about mag 11.5 as well - I can only just see it now with averted vision. Have to say as well, in my 6" scope and with the LP I have, if I hadn't seen it when it was much brighter, I doubt very much I would be able to find it now at all.

Still, was great to see it while I could, and at least with it noticeably fading I can definitely say it was the SN I was viewing over the last couple of months, and not just some random background star :D

Archived