Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

An even busier bit of sky! Milky way with CCD and 50mm camera lens

Tim

Another one from the many dark clear nights I recently enjoyed at Kelling heath.

During the star party I was camped next to good old Wobbly Bob, who had a 50mm lens for sale. I think it was ten quid. I attached it to my QHY8 and ran 5 min unguided subs with the camera pointed upwards, and the lens stopped down to f5.6 or so. This piccy is the result.

Loads of nebulae visible, North American & Pelican, Butterfly and the Veil complex etc.

I wonder how many stars are in this one!!

Thanks for looking, and a big thank you to Bob (and Trish) for all your help. I do hope you guys can make it next year.

Tim

tj-albums-kelling-heath-star-party-2011-picture13970-milky-way-kelling-heath-taken-using-qhy8-camera-old-50mm-lens-bought-during-star-party-exposures-5-minutes-lens-set-around-f5-6-mount-heq5-pro-running-unguided-picture-has-north-american-nebula-butterfly-nebula-centre-many-others-visible-like-veil-nebula-bottom-right.jpg

Archived