NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

help with powering my standard HEQ5

hi there :rolleyes: im in need of a power source for my standard HEQ5 no goto no syntek mount i was told by the harrisons telescopes outlet that the SkyWatcher Rechargeable 12V 17AH Power tank would not be compatable with my standard HEQ5 mount and that the only thing i could use to power it is batteys which are no good and cost loads to keep buying ? could sum1 help thanks x

Mains is great, I use the power supply from my external HDD and a long extention cord.

Just make sure the polarity and voltage/amps is the same as written on the mount before you plug it in.

i would of thought you could use that power pack. but you would have to get a transformer, i think dont quote me on this but your mount is 6volt not 12volt.but im sure some power packs have 6v output as well

thanks ,my mount dosent say how much voltage it takes , the battery case fits 8 batterys and each one is 1,5 v each so that would make it 12vs , so i can use the the SkyWatcher Rechargeable 12V 17AH Power tank on my HEQ5 ?? harrisons scopes said i could only use the power tank if it was the pro version and goto , my mount is the standard HEQ5 does this mean they are wrong saying that

Archived