Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Deep sky?

TheThing

Lots of questions from me of late, for which I apologies! Suffering from a bad back so lots of thinking about stuff. But I digress...

I now have a DSi II Pro with Meade filters, so I will be looking to do some deep sky stuff.

I only have a pretty lowly set up - SW 200p on an EQ4 with a motorised RA mount. No GOTO, no guiding, nothing fancy. Just polar align, find the object and turn the motor on.

Now, I'm not expecting to get the stunning results that grace the imaging pages here, but I should be able to get some half decent results shouldn't I?

I know that I will need to upgrade my mount and add guiding one day to make life simpler, but that is a while off.

I'm thinking of the more obvious targets over the winter, like Orion, M45, possibly M31. Do I have much of a chance?

Any other targets that might suit my limited set up?

Hugh, why not visit the Meade 4M site. Lots of info. there, and there is a forum too, which is a separate entity, where dedicated Meade equipment users bond together for help and advice.

I've seen some creditable images produced with the basic DSI Colour camera, and via modest telescopes.

Worth a look.

Ron.

http://www.meade4m.com/

http://www.meade4m.com/forum/

I am also using a lowly setup - an ST80 on an 4SE mount, and i have got a few results on deep sky that have pleased me. M31 and M27 have been quite successful, and although extremely faint I did manage to capture a noisy shadow of the NA Nebula. I'm imaging at the moment, trying 55 second subs on M57. It's the longest exposure i've managed so far with round stars.

Archived