Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

In-travel focus problem

Hi everyone, I've run into a bit of a problem with my new setup. I have a skywatcher 80ED and the 0.85x focal reducer to be used with a DSLR and 2" narrowband filters. The problem is that when adding the filter the CCD is just a little too far to achieve focus when the focus draw tube is all the way at the start, I don't have any more "in" travel.

I've tried to remove the focus tube locking ring but I still seem to be about 2/3mm away from getting the result in focus :rolleyes: Has anyone come across this before or are there any ways I can get around it?

Thanks for your help,

Samir

Hmmm

You got me beat!

There's something not right here....you say without the filter you need to ADD 50mm extension ( I assume between the focuser and the reducer - the distance between the reducer and the camera should always be fixed and never changes)

So the difference is actually the amount to you wind out the focuser PLUS 50mm!!

No - can't be....

Can you take an image of the set-up with and without the filter....I'm obviously missing something.

I see the difference, I'm not screwing my filter straight into the t-ring (as its too small). Instead Im screwing into the end of a T nosepiece. I need an M48 adaptor for this to work I think! Thanks so much for the help - I was really worried this would never work

Archived