Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Watec WAT-902B 1/2" mono CCD camera

laser_jock99

Found this little CCD camera while rummaging my junk box. Not sure if it's the IR version or not (it was stripped from 1064nm laser machining head).

Dscf2840.jpg

Dscf2836.jpg

Dscf2834.jpg

I found some specifcations here:

http://www.watec.net/english/bw/download/902B_spec_eng.pdf

Also still seems to be a current model as you can still buy them for £180.

My question is- do you think this might be suitable for lunar or planetary imaging?

Looks capable! are you sure you wouldnt like to swop this for a long exposure air cooled SPC900nc!

Let us know how you get on with it, only problem is the extra work using video frame grabber and converting to avi before Registax etc. Perhaps their are simpler ways now I am sure someone will tell us!

Nice little bit of salvage though!

Boyd

A lunar drift recorded under the worst possible conditions....

WAT-902B 1/2" mono CCD camera, prime focus through a dusty old Tasco 60mm refractor, on a wobbly table top tripod on windy night, poking out of window, loads of thin high cloud!

LUNAR DRIFT WATEC WAT-902B 1/2" mono CCD camera - YouTube

But apart from that I think this little cam shows some promise. Will hook up to my solidly mounted 5" APO soon......

• 3 years later...

Archived