Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Observing Chairs

I do have my own homemade effort, which is ok, but a little unwieldy sometimes!

I was wondering if anyone has got or gad experience of the following, which I quite like the designs of:

The Stardust Observing Chair:

StarDust Observing Chair [sDC001] : Hands On Optics :: Telescopes, Accessories, CCD and Digital Cameras

or The Smart Astronomy CRPO600:

Smart-Seat Observing Chair made in Japan

Quite expensive I know and the shipping is another sixty odd quid on top, if anyone knows of anyone in the UK who stocks these it would be a help - I can't find any stockists via Google yet!

Ta!

Doc

Hi Eric,

Yes ive seen that one, not quite the design I was after, but much more affordable to be honest!!

I'd like something along the same design as a 'Denver Chair' like the one ive made, but one that folds up a bit better and that's a bit more stable than mine, he he!

Good to hear you seem to be happy with the RVO one though, so I might try one of them when it comes to 'sensible decision' time!

Doc

I've gone and done it now!

Ordered one of the Smart-Seats from Smart Astronomy over in the USofA!

I know, a bit expensive, with the shipping etc, but it certainly looks like what I need and the reviews seem good!

There seems to some people on the CloudyNights forum who think it and the Stardust chair are one and the same, or at least made in the same factory in Japan! However the company who had the Stardust chair said they're not shipping to the UK at the moment-sheesh!

I see that Astobaby has been posting over on the CloudyNights forum fairly recently - I was wondering where she'd gone, as i've not seen her on here for a while!;)

I'll let you all know how the new chair fairs, when it arrives!!:rolleyes:

Doc

Archived