Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Upgrading my focuser - 200p Advice Welcome

You need not butcher the OTA. Larger mounting plates are available that directly fit Synta OTA's. Astroboot amazingly have them for sale now that the Revelation DS focuser sale is no longer on.

Unless you're seeing one I'm not - no they aren't?

The only baseplate I've seen on there for months is the smaller SW fitments (they sent me three of those before finally finding a bigger one.)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unless you're seeing one I'm not - no they aren't?

The only baseplate I've seen on there for months is the smaller SW fitments (they sent me three of those before finally finding a bigger one.)

I have just had a quick browse of astroboot and you are correct it has now gone. Maybe someone reading this thread had it ?? It was on there for a good couple of weeks. I'm sure they will have more on there at some point. They sell the Antares Antares dual-speed Crayford focuser for Newtonian telescopes that is identical to the Revelation focuser the only difference they did come with two different base plates (hence the price). I'm not 100% sure if they still send the additional base plate out or you have to request one but this is most probably why astroboot sometimes end up with either one or the other base plates.

Archived