Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a reflector telescope but As I currently have an EQ2 mount I don't want another. Does anyone know of a site where I can buy a tube only and get more scope for my pound.

I also realise this is my 50th post so I get to access the fabled buy/sell section of the site!

Thanks

Nice try but you also need 30 days membership lol :)

Most places sell ota's - have a look at FLO. But I would advise that you ensure the EQ2 will support whatever you get - weight plays a big part in how steady the scope is and can play havoc with observing if the mount's too small :(

Edit - just realised you joined Oct 2010 (not 2011) - you might just scrape in :)

Hi there,

You will find that most retailers will sell an OTA (Optical Tube Assembly) on its own, though it often does not work out such good value. For instance a skywatcher 150 pl is £186, on a mount = £272, yet the mount if you buy it alone is £164.

So it may be worth buying a package and selling on the mount.

Well worth looking at the for sale section, make sure your mount that you have is man enough for the job!!.

Good Luck

For instance a skywatcher 150 pl is £186, on a mount = £272, yet the mount if you buy it alone is £164.

Good Luck

But try selling the EQ3-2 plus the £32 polar scope for the £86 difference and you'll struggle.

Mine is getting a bit of a thick coat of dust.

Archived