NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC6960 Western Veil

Black Knight

• 4 months later...

That is a really really nice Image! How did you get two nights of clear skies eh, please tell us, we up north have forgotten what it looks like, its been so long since we have seen the heavens, we are resorting to looking at picture books to remind us of what we are missing, and then you rub salt into the wound with this image shame on you, -----only kidding LOL

Thanks guys! :p. I'd forgotten all about this one. I took this months ago. All sorts of horrible gradients in it though. When I first look at the subs as they were coming in I couldn't believe the number of stars! :)

It definitely could do with reprocessing to tone down the stars though ... :)

I've got all sort of abortive targets going on at the moment. Depends really if I can sort out my PA, guiding and possible flexure issues. :). It doesn't help that I only get the chance to get out once every few weeks. I feel like I'm re-inventing the wheel every time! :p

Very nice... lovely tight round stars up to the edges, the coma correctors doing a great job on a big chip.. although the stars should be more colourful? I think the processing lost the star colour along the way..

Try matching the darks with the same amount of lights.

I know your frustration with guiding ... nag nabbit! :p

Very nice... lovely tight round stars up to the edges, the coma correctors doing a great job on a big chip.. although the stars should be more colourful? I think the processing lost the star colour along the way..

Try matching the darks with the same amount of lights.

I know your frustration with guiding ... nag nabbit! :p

Cheers Guy. You're absolutely right about the stars. I really ought to have another go at this and try and process the stars more carefully. I was quite pleased about the star shapes though. It felt like a real victory at the time. Around this time I did quite a few targets, the Western and Eastern veil, the Crescent nebula and the North American Nebula, and the star shapes were good or pretty good (for me).

But it's been all downhill since then with a "clutch" of eggy-shaped stars in every image I've done. Very frustrating.

Oh well, never mind, eh? :)

Archived