Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M27 - First guided imaging session

Dann

This weeks weather has been kind.

The first few nights were spent playing with PHD settings trying to get a smoother graph and getting to grips with guiding. A big thank you to everyone for your help on the 'Dec guiding post' :)

Come Friday night I was ready to have a real go at imaging something. The temptation was to go for something new, faint and exotic but I decided to stick to something I knew and could make a comparison with.

The camera on the DSLR ran out after 16 subs. I managed to get a bit of charge back into it and capture 8 more only I didn't refocus and getting the battery in and out had shifted the focus a little.

16 x 300sec @ ISO800

Darks/flats/bias

I'm still pretty hopeless at processing and keep having to start over but Annie's actions are proving very helpful.

post-26486-133877670497_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the info Dave.

I was looking at picking up a spare battery but will still have the issue with changing them and having to recheck focus. Im holding out for an astro modded Canon from Santa so ill look into that next year. :)

Archived