Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First view of Uranus...

great_bear

Just been looking at Uranus for the first time...

I don't know why, but I got it into my head that you couldn't see Uranus as anything other than a star. But there it was, plain-as-you-like - a perfect little circle in the middle of the view.

Very small of course - much smaller than Jupiter - but unmistakeable: A steel-blue disk in the middle of the view - quite distinct from any other object around it...

The only way I knew it was Neptune was to study the pattern of the stars close buy then work it out at the EP. Looked just like a star to me..

Ive been trying to get Neptune but I cant figure out which one it is, its so small:( Need a bigger scope:)

The only way I knew it was Neptune was to study the pattern of the stars close buy then work it out at the EP. Looked just like a star to me..

That is my plan, a good dose of Stellarium and lining up the stars. Thanks for the tip:icon_salut:

Archived