NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Startrails from Belgium!

So I finally got ther in the end, I still have some kinks to iron out but this isn't too bad. The bright streak is Jupiter, The Pleiades are in there and if you look hard enough you can see the pink of the Orion Nebula creeping in behind the trees in the bottom right.

This was 474, 30 second exposures so I make that to be just under 4 hours imaging time all up. Next time I'm going to compose a foreground shot before I get things up and running.

Basically the first image is all of the frames together, note that some clown (possibly me) had turned on a light to search for a lighter with only 20 frames to go.

startrailshh.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This second one is all but the last 20 frames so you don't see the light in the window.

startrailshhff.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And the third one is just the last 230ish frames as the first half was riddled with planes crossing, I think I may have let one get through in this batch.

startrailshhffvf.jpg

Thank you :)

I thought I'd try again last night but a bit later to avoid most of the air traffic but that wasn't the best of ideas as the dew came down and put an end to it pretty quickly.

Archived