Need advice on what telescope to buy (first time)

Hello, I'm new to the forum and I was wondering if anyone could help me with what telescope to buy.

First of all I would like to point out that my budget is around €170 (excluding shipping costs) and the only website I found for Europe is Telescope experts Astroshop. So if anyone has any suggestions for stores that ship to Europe it would be great.

I also would like to point out that I would like to observe galaxies and nebulas more than planets. I've read that there are several factors that hint out what a certain telescope is best used for. If possible, can anyone explain these factors, such as focal length, apreture, light collectivity etc.

Thanks alot.

I was the same when I started out got a skywatcher 130p all I could afford but a nice little scope but then I craved better views and took it back for the sky watcher 200p and an EQ5 mount. What a difference amazing telescope I love it! But if money is tight the 150 dob is a good option and the dobson mounts are easy to use. Bear in mind for galaxys and nebula an 8inch or bigger mirror in a reflector will give you better views. My advice save up and get an 8inch if you can if not then the 150 but be warned you will then crave a bigger one ;-) well thats what happened to me any way.

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk

Archived