SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC6823 NB + RGB stars

Uranium235

Im still out at the moment, having a crack at IC342. In the meantime ive just processed this one that I started last night. Instead this time I wanted to add some proper star colour to my Ha/OIII/OIII image. And after a bit of jiggery-pokery with noels actions I managed to paste some RGB stars in and blend as colour. Got some nice yellow/gold stars in there now :p

This is my first process of this one, so it might be liable to change after I've had some sleep.

NGC6823

Ha_L (35x360), Ha_R(20x360), OIII_G&B(20x360)

R,G,B (5x180 each)

SW150P, Atik 314L+

Setpoint: -10

Guiding: Fair - Good

Thanks for looking ;)

Rob

attachment.php?attachmentid=69110&stc=1&d=1317258333

post-18171-133877668008_thumb.jpg

Thanks Ant, I didnt realise this nebula was that big to start off with. I usually just google/wiki something before going for it and the examples I found didnt show up so much Ha. If I'd known it was this big I would have used the ED80, but ive got plans to use that for M45 on Friday night.

Im glad to see round stars as well because I re-collimated the newt just before setting up. And there definitely is a difference between being off or bang-on on collimation. I noticed that when its off collimation the brighter stars tend to have a slight bulge. Got that fixed now though since I ditched the laser and used the good ol' cheshire eyepiece :)

Anyway, I carried on with IC342, but that looks like its going to be a long hard slog becuase its so faint. Imaging a galaxy that close to the galactic plane was always going to be difficult I guess. I Had a real treat when packing up too because Orion was rising in the SE, ahhh its been so long since I last saw that. Shame I wont get the opportunity to image it until nov/dec becuase its stuck behind a massive tree at the moment.

Archived