NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Stephans Quintet Galaxy cluster

MikeD

This is a tough target,:p although conditions were not ideal over the last two nights, lots of moisture in the air.

62 @ 300 seconds through my 10" newt and HX916 CCD.

I might pop over to NGC7331 tonight if it's clear, for a bit more image scale rather than hit some colour for this.

Good to be imaging DSO's again this is my first since July.;)

Mike.

yfronto-albums-mikes-images-2-picture13659-ngc7320-l2-62xx.jpgmiked-albums-mikes-images-2-picture13659-ngc7320-l2-62xx.jpg

I had this one on my list for the week ahead....I hadn't realised how small this would appear in the field..so I may give it a miss!

You've had a slack summer as well then ?

PS did you get to the Swindon meeting last week...I totally forgot to check the dates and missed it!...typical

Cheers

Steve

Thanks Steve.

I think it would take a good night to squeeze some fine detail out of this at 1200mm.

Yes pretty poor but I did manage a 9 frame mosaic on NGC7000 so can't complain too much.

I have given up on Swindon stargazers, after over a year I still only knew two peoples names.

Mike.

Not an imager myself but that's very impressive Mike. It's a very tough target and you've captured it beautifully. Really nice, and you can see the different galaxies very clearly.

Stu

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Archived