NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Laptop Battery

I post my problem regarding the counting going back to zero when capturing AVis with my Toucam but no one had an answer. I have now found out the problem. I seems that my (newish) Laptop will not continually capture frames when videoing when run on the battery, even if it is fully charged. When I connect the Laptop to the mains it works fine. On battery it reverts before one minute of running. Has anyone else had this problem or have I a dodgy battery. It works on other Laptop facilities OK and lasts up to 2 hours under normal use. so it seems to be OK. I do notice that when I plug in the mains the screen does get a little lighter.

I think I know what the problem might be. When on battery your laotop is going into somthing like 'Maximum battery mode' this will slow down the processor and graphics card to conserve power.

You should have some kind of power options utility somewhere in your start menu. Look for settings that relate only to when using the battery.

Blinky is absolutely right, it's called Intel Speedstep. The processor is clocked lower, for instance a 2.0Ghz P4 will be clocked down to 900Mhz to conserve power. But you should be able to override this.

Deffo! Like I say take a look in the start menu and see if you can find any power options and also the control panel. You could always have a look in the BIOS of the laptop to see if it can be disabled from there.

Archived