NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

How the planets look RIGHT NOW...

great_bear

Sorry if this is an FAQ, but is there a web site that hosts pictures of how the planets look RIGHT NOW - or at least in the last 24 hours?

When observing the planets you often see "hints" of certain details, and it's nice to look up images and see what those details are - but for this to work on something like Jupiter - whose looks are constantly changing - you need up-to-date images.

Where is the best place to find such up-to-the-minute photos of each planet?

Not quite, when I say RIGHT NOW - I mean LITERALLY so.

Jupiter looks different on every viewing - every storm is unique, and every day shows subtle variations in the banding and mottling.

So I'm after something (like a website for example) that has real photographs of the planets from the last 24 hours - *not* a simulation based on old data.

Any ideas anyone?

I made a suggestion a while back that we could add planetary images uploaded to sgl to a timeline - the only info you would have to add is planet name and UTC time - but no-one reacted to the site suggestion... :-(

I made a suggestion a while back that we could add planetary images uploaded to sgl to a timeline - the only info you would have to add is planet name and UTC time - but no-one reacted to the site suggestion... :-(

That is a good suggestion!

Archived