Ideas to help relieve neck pain while looking up

Due to light pollution in my area being so bad I can only see bright stars that are high up in the sky. But looking up at 60- 70 degree angles all night my neck starts to hurt. Any ideas how i can view the night sky but my neck not hurt? I was thinking laying down on the lawn as a start.

Due to light pollution in my area being so bad I can only see bright stars that are high up in the sky. But looking up at 60- 70 degree angles all night my neck starts to hurt. Any ideas how i can view the night sky but my neck not hurt? I was thinking laying down on the lawn as a start.

Sunlounger? :glasses2:

I can't look up standing for more than a few minutes without feeling discomfort. You will likely do yourself harm like this. Sunlounger (with armrests) or deck chair with binos is essential. The lawn = cold, damp, buggy, though if there's no choice, use a picnic blanket. Add a blanket/sleeping bag and a slim cushion and you'll be well comfy!

Clear skies

Greg

Have you considered a 90 degree adapter. That way you can just stand beside your scope and look straight ahead.

You will need to get some info from the people who know on here as it might not be possible on your scope due to back focus issues.

Just an idea.

graham

Archived