Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Turn Left at Orion....delayed again!

paf90

Had to post this as I'm now getting frustrated :glasses2:

Ordered the new spiral bound edition about 6 weeks ago I guess from Amazon, first likely delivery date was end of August, this has been put back a couple of times subsequently and I'm now advised it'll be around the 7th October!

I guess anyone else waiting for it are receiving the same notifications but I'm wondering about changing it for something else...or just having both!:rolleyes:

So a question really, apart from 'Turn Left', what books would you recommend for a newbie?

I am sorry to say this but the Cambridge University Press, as a publisher, are APITA when it comes to publication dates, you look forward to receiving said book then "sorry publication put back yet again" I am waiting for a book which has been delayed since last June and TL@O has been on the go since last year, having got that rant of my chest I would also go along with Jenna`s recommendation, excellent book, also Night Watch, by the same author.

Thanks for the advice everyone, much appreciated! :glasses2:

I've had a peek at the Backyard Astronomers Guide and it certainly does look like it'll be a big help to me. Maybe by the time I've received and read that one TLO might actually have arrived! LOL :rolleyes:

There's another one I've seen listed & sure I've read good reviews about it but all I can remember is that it has the word 'Wonderful' in the title. Not much to go on but any ideas? I've googled before posting this but didn't really turn anything up to make me think that's the one I was thinking of.

Thanks for the advice everyone, much appreciated! :glasses2:

I've had a peek at the Backyard Astronomers Guide and it certainly does look like it'll be a big help to me. Maybe by the time I've received and read that one TLO might actually have arrived! LOL :rolleyes:

There's another one I've seen listed & sure I've read good reviews about it but all I can remember is that it has the word 'Wonderful' in the title. Not much to go on but any ideas? I've googled before posting this but didn't really turn anything up to make me think that's the one I was thinking of.

Are you thinking of Illustrated Guide to Astronomical Wonders, very similar to TL@O but far more extensive in the material and subjects how to find, what you can see, this also comes well recommended

Are you thinking of Illustrated Guide to Astronomical Wonders, very similar to TL@O but far more extensive in the material and subjects how to find, what you can see, this also comes well recommended

That's the one! Thanks Glowjet.

Although I'm considering buying 'The Book of Clouds' by John Day, as it does appear I spend more time staring up at those bl**dy things than what lies beyond them :glasses2:

Although at 1.30am this morning I did finally get some tantalising glimpses of Jupiter through my new (to me) Tal 2M, it made the wait worthwhile even tho' I had an 8.30am client meeting this morning!

"Nightwatch" Great book. Star maps have lots of really interesting info on popular objects that you dont find in other maps.

Thanks for that Inspectapart. Is the book written by the same person who wrote 'The Backyard Astronomers Guide'? I've heard a few people recommend 'Night Watch' also so I guess that's another one to put on the Wanted list! :glasses2:

Archived