Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

T-Thread (in chain) 1.25" Filter Holder

Stephen

Does anyone know where I can source one of these in a hurry?

There was one on Astroboot, but a week after I ordered it, they finally let me know it's not T-T but T-M42 :)

I want to put an IR cut filter into my guide cam chain which is:

Guide cam (DSIc) -> T-ext (80mm) -> ST80 T-thread

I don't like using a diagonal hence me looking for a T solution.

The inbuilt IR cut with the DSIc is a bit pants to be honest :)

Thanks in advance!

Good simple idea!

You'll still need to add the cost of a couple of T thread spacers (6mm?); this then brings the overall length of the "filter sandwich" to about 12mm - is this space available??

Yes you're quite right.

This is initially going into a non distance sensitive setup, so I can add a smaller spacer (I have a collection of between 5 and 20mm spacers, don't know where I have got them all from!) before my big spacer (80mm to give enough back focus on the ST80) and the filter should not come into contact with the CCD :p

Lot of faffing around just because I refuse to use a diagonal with my guide camera lol ;)

Hmmm

Why did you not consider just screwing the 1.25" filter directly to the nosepiece of the guide camera???

EDIT:

Ahh I think you want to use the Thread connection on the DSI rather than a T thread to 1.25" nosepiece...maybe easier/ cheaper etc to go for a nosepiece??

Hmmm

Why did you not consider just screwing the 1.25" filter directly to the nosepiece of the guide camera???

EDIT:

Ahh I think you want to use the Thread connection on the DSI rather than a T thread to 1.25" nosepiece...maybe easier/ cheaper etc to go for a nosepiece??

Absolutely, I wouldn't have this problem if I used the nosepiece.

Unfortunately my stock diagonal is very wobbly, and unless I cover it all in duck tape every time, it moves about.

That's why I went the t-thread route as I had the big spacer already. The IR cut was the last hurdle :p

Archived