Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Any ideals on how to attach a 102Mak?

Been in touch with Martin at FLO and it seems like there are no tube rings for the Skywatcher 102 Mak, he did say to try "orion" products but also failed in my search, plus there price's:eek:.

So i thought i'l ask you guys for any methods of attaching the scope to a medium size Skywatcher dovetail bar, (for attaching to a AZ/ALT GOTO mount).

I realise i could use the mounting shoe that's on the scope, but i don't like it and the fixing (1 small bolt) does not keep it tight enough and it also puts the scope upside down, not a big problem but it does put the finder in an awkward place which i just can't get on with.

Over to you.............

Telescope Service do a set of tube rings for 105 and 116mm dia scopes, 69 Euro

Look perfect for what you describe.

They are made by Astro Professional, TS may have some of their own brrand a bit lower down the page at a bit less perhaps.

Montierungen und Zubehör - Teleskop-Express: Astro-Shop + Fotografie + Naturbeobachtung

Been in touch with Martin at FLO and it seems like there are no tube rings for the Skywatcher 102 Mak, he did say to try "orion" products but also failed in my search, plus there price's

Over to you.............

Huh??

The 102 is actually 115mm diameter. Go to the FLO site and mouse "Accessories" tab. Go to "Tube Rings". there in the Skywatcher window it has a circle beside all the diameters including the 116mm rings for 20 quid.

Next go to the Dovetails, and page 2 of it shows the Skywatcher set. The small one shown at the top is what you want.

Thanks for all your help guys,

I attacked the fitter in work today and he made me a set;), was not making him a cuppa till he finished.

Well i say make just some large jubile clip type things really, and after a bit of tarting up and a few mods they look ok and hold the dovetail in place very well.....it works and that is what i want, and it will be dark.

Also i have now transformed the Skywatcher blue to some nice carbon fibre, and i must say looks stunning, just waiting for some clear printable sticky paper to arrive so i can print of the Skywatcher logo and put it back on the scope.

This is it so far....

post-20982-133877663941_thumb.jpg

I took off the small attaching piece and put a small Vixen-type dovetail bar in its place. I had to drill a couple of holes in the bar so that it would fit onto the holes already there and my set up works perfectly and has for the last 4 years without any movement or worries. Give that a try.

Archived