Two mounts, one obsy, how much space??

I would ideally like to simplify the nightlife around here by having two mounts-scopes in one new observatory for imaging. I can work out the sort of 'cylindrical space' needed by each setup but I have the feeling that it would be easy to overlook an issue or two here. Has anyone tried this or does anyone have any thoughts? I don't have a vast amount of room for the new building, which will have a warm room then scope(s) section whose roof rolls back over the warm room. The warm room will be NW of the scopes. (14 inch Cat and up to 6 inch refractor.) I wonder how close together I can get away with?

Thanks in advance,

Olly

Well, a domed obs. would present some difficulties that would be obvious Olly, so A roll off roofed enclosure has to be the choice.

Shouldn't be too difficult to make it dually workable.

I assume the systems would be operated simultaneously.

Ron.

I had an 18" f4.5 fork mounted and a 12" lX200 on the tripod in a 3m x 6m ROR setup.....

If it were me I'd look at a "footprint" with a diameter of twice the length of the OTA plus say 1m at each end of the building - if you know what I mean....

Archived