Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ST4 Cable

Demon Barber

Have a care here, though. There is the stricly 'correct' use of the term ST4 cable (which is hardly ever used) and the universally used but strictly 'incorrect' one which refers to the thing like a phone cable with the same plugs at each end.

The original ST4 cable was not one of these at all since it had a round plug on one end and the phone plug on the other.

The symmetrical phone-like cable is, I think, reverse wired when compared with a real phone cable. is this so?

Over here in France you need to be careful because the original ST4 is what you may get if you order one. Takahashi still used the original so you needed an adapter, till very recently, to use the phone-like cable.

Olly

Thanks Peter for your as usual, text book ,references,will test the one i have found before using in anger.

Thanks Olly care is something i have in abundence ,just wish i could retain things longer---am getting very forgetful

Merlin pictures i like !!!!!!!!!!!!

ATB

Mike

Archived