Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CC?

Dell

just wondered if any of you lovely people were down at the cricket club site tonight?

was planning on doing a dry run, to see how long it takes and the route etc but didnt wanna go near the site if people are there observing or imaging.

anyone any ideas?

Dell

Hi DELL,

Am in Mansfield, for you its an easy run to the cc, takes me 40mins bt i have to get to j28 to pick up m1!.

Next main meet at the cc is Oct 1 though i am sure if there is a good night then watch the oard here.

Best regards

Damian

evening Damian, just got back home after a little mad mission with my other half and daughter, took a drive down to the CC just for a nosey at how dark it is etc then headed through the lanes and upto a dark spot i found at two dales near matlock.

had the scope in the back of the car as daughter wanted to see jupiter, managed about half an hour observing before the fog rolled in!

so, whizzed back home hoping to get an hour in the garden before i fall asleep! lol

cc looks great, nice skies. and well worth the 20 quid to use it i reckon.

fingers crossed i'll be in a position to pay up and make the most of it soon :)

thanks for the reply

Dell

Hi DELL,

The £20 also gives you access to the other dark site just off the m1 at sawley.

was at the cc in Jan, so dark could not see hand in front of face, reminded me of the skies back home in north wales.

Drop me a pm as you are only 20 mins from home!..

Cheers

damian

The CC site is excellent as a drak site but what makes it dark also makes it visited less frequently. I've been the the Sawley site five times and three of those I was on my own. I must have visited the CC 15 times and have never once observed with anyone else there. It ain't so easy to get there but the observing is superb.

Steve

first visit is free of course.

just come along for a meet and see if you like what we do and feel part of the group, some great guys that welcome all sorts of new and seasoned observers.

as more members join then the cost should go down for next year, at the moment £20 covers both the cricket club where hopefully we can pull in all nighters as we have a room there we can use and also the sawley site which is a good hardstanding site which is gated and also good for a quick get together.

Hi Steve,

This last year has been particularly difficult for me to get out and leave the mrs (she lost all her lving relis in ten months) so I for one will be making more use of the dark sites. have a pretty good dark garden and now have better grab & go than my main 10" lx that weighs a ton!

I also think we have left a lot on the shoulders of the others Doc, Glider, Brantuk etc to organise these meets whereas we should get up and go.

see you at the cc on the 1'st!

Cheers

damian

Archived