New EP!

g0ibi

Just ordered a Baader Hyperion zoom MK111 & T3 adaptor from FLO!

Been cogitating for weeks and reading posts all over the place but

now made a decision and bought one, somebody tell me I'm right to have done so please?

I think it's commonly held that Baader Hyperion Zoom eyepieces yield results just as good as their fixed-focus (Baader) siblings over the shorter focal length range. The minor gripe is usually re. the narrowing of apparent field (characteristic of zooms) as you approach the very longest focal lengths. But the maximum TRUE field is still equivalent to a ~17mm Hype. Thus you get to cover the range of (say) three eyepieces, at a perfectly reasonable level. <G> It might be worthwhile augmenting the Zoom with a dedicated, quality, 30-something mm, 70 deg, eyepiece, at some stage... :(

Congratulations for making your choice, I think very deeply when making a choice as I am buying for two scopes, in my view you can't go wrong with the MkIII Baader zoom, a well-respected ep on this forum, do let us know how you get on.

I prefer the wider angle ep's, I find them easier to use, I would be interested in how your SW 28mm UWA ep performs as I have the smaller LET ep's that are identical in design with the superb twist-up eyecups, very good ep's in the 1.25" range, otherwise slated on this forum, a bit disappointing as they are quite good in my opinion.

Archived