Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How to fix a spc880nc webcam to a slr zoom lens

Does anyone have an knowledge of attaching an unmodified spc880nc (Morgan's) webcam to a zoom lens with a M42 thread (in my case a f4.5 75-260mm Soligor)?

I fitted the zoom lens onto a tripod. Then I've tried (by hand) lining up the webcam (in all axes) with the rear of the lens but cannot get either near nor far objects in focus (or even out of focus images).

I've moved the webcam right into the lens barrel and brought it outwards by far more than the width of the Practica M42 camera body.

I've fitted both 2x and 3x zoom extenders to the zoom lens but again cannot focus.

I played around with all of the settings in the webcam software, but with no benefit.

What am I doing wrong, or what do I not understand.

regards as always

Tony Owen

A quick test adaptor can be made usign a spare rear lens cap and a 35mm film canister...

Make a central hole inthe lens cap so that the 35mm film pot can be pushed through - if you do it from the lens side you can push it through to the lip.. then cut of the bottom of the film canister... the 1.25" nose piece should just slide through the film pot... if its too tight silt the fim pot... and cover with tape...

Here some I made after using the film pot method to get the spacing...

SLR-CCD%252520Adaptors.jpg

The top one is for M42 and the Bottom one for Minolta AF lenses

Peter...

You can buy a focusing Baader eyepiece holder part No #8A 2458125 for 11/4" nose pieces to T2 M42 female, which will screw onto the end of your photo lens, it also has 5mm of focus adjustment if needed, I purchased one with the intention of using it with a quality M42 telephoto lens to attach a guide cam :(

John.

You can buy a focusing Baader eyepiece holder part No #8A 2458125 for 11/4" nose pieces to T2 M42 female, which will screw onto the end of your photo lens, it also has 5mm of focus adjustment if needed, I purchased one with the intention of using it with a quality M42 telephoto lens to attach a guide cam :(

John.

Googling the Baader part I came up with a 6th April 2011 posting - I've just realised that you were the 'postee'. I assumed that the April posting was an offer, but now realise it was an information posting - hence my erroneous response to that posting.

regards

Tony

Archived