130p flexube with Tal barlow lense

Afternoon, i have now recieved my first scope, the 130p flextube and got first light last night :(

I have to say first what a cracking little scope, did not expect something like that for such little price. Anyways, views of the moon and jupiter with all moons blew my head away, what a fantastic sight.

After seeing those two targets i would like to get a Tal barlow to make my viewing better. Is this a good lense and is it ok for my scope ?

Is there any other ep i should consider with my scope as i only have the standard 10mm and 25mm. Dont get me wrong, to me they work fine to a newbies eye in this amazing hobby. Cant wait for a more magnified viewing, and maybe messier objects also, if this scope will take it.

I'm glad to hear that your enjoying your new telescope. First views of jupiter and its moons is always great to hear about. Its certainly a special sight!

The TAL barlow is a good choice, although the Skywatcher deluxe 2x barlow is very good and quite cheap for its performance.

With the barlow lens and your 25mm and 10mm EP's, then you'd have a range of: 26x, x52, 65x and 130x.

All you need is something like a 3.5mm or a 7mm and barlow it to give you approx 185x which is ideal for viewing planets on a good night.

Nice scope you've got there - I was surprised at how good it was when mine arrived too. You'll certainly get to see some Messiers with it and its particularly good for wide field views of clusters - try the Double Cluster in Perseus and M45 (Plaiedes).

Enjoy

Helen

Archived