NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Dpes anyone know a collimation servise in south east kent?

jmfdiver

Yep, sorry to be so negative: if it's the newtonian, I suggest you'd be wasting your time and money. As soon as you've put it in a car and transported it home it'll be out of collimation once more. That's exactly what Telescope House (formerly at Pembury, now Edenbridge, I reckon that's the 'wrong end of Kent' for you) advised me, some years ago when I made exactly the same enquiry of them. They did offer me a price for collimation, but I didn't follow it up.

Perhaps you could post up on here exactly what you're finding difficult about this? There are lots of folks on here with the knowledge, surely they'll be able to help you out! Anyway can't do any harm.

[edit] Just noticed that you have posted on another thread. OK will have a look!

Cheers Allan. I got the laser collimator yesterday and lined it all up, just got to get outside now to see if it worked. If I still have issues John from Herne and Broomfield Astronomy said he would take a look. I was out in Whitstable last night!

Jen

May be too far but Guildford often have viewing and assistance nights where you go along and they offer advice and help.

I think that occasionally Astro-Baby visits them on such evenings so perhaps with appropriate bribary (bag of Maltezers or something) she maybe at one and could help.

As I think you say, the right way to go is to get the club members to teach you. Once you've had it explained in person you'll see that it's not so bad. Good luck!

Sound advice, once you've been shown how to do it, and you've done it a few time's yourself it a doddle.

Archived