NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

at last

singlespeedman

another noob thread talking about Jupiter for the first time.

There was no debate this time - it was Jupiter, I could see the bands (just) and have now also ordered another ep to boost magnification and replace the last rubbish ep that came with the scope giving me a pretty good range of magnification and also all bought with the intent of being able to use in a second scope around christmass.

The moon was pretty good too and I do love finding more detail each time I look at it but now I want it to go a bit more so I can start to look at other stuff without its big brightness restricting my viewing

Heh, I've just been staring out of the window at that little shiner, wishing I had a scope. :(

Incidentally, how do you find the scope? I'm after something around that price range to get started, primarily for planet viewing, and maybe some of the major DSO like Orions nebula etc. I get average to decent skies around here so from what i read, i expect a 5" to give some decent results.

yes it does grab your attention its a great planet not my fav ,saturn is another great one mars is just popping up now but its a early morning planet,with a cheap web cam and adapter you could video this no probs,and watch it back on cloudy nights

all the planet are great but are moon with filters is even better in my eyes

if you get time take a look at my you tube channel they were all done with a 10 pound web camand adapter from here you can also stack these pics in registax and get some pics as well on the moon these cams are brill camera link and my youtube channel

cheers

todd8137

Buy Cheap Astronomy at Morgan Computers

todd8137's Channel - YouTube

Heh, I've just been staring out of the window at that little shiner, wishing I had a scope. :(

Incidentally, how do you find the scope? I'm after something around that price range to get started, primarily for planet viewing, and maybe some of the major DSO like Orions nebula etc. I get average to decent skies around here so from what i read, i expect a 5" to give some decent results.

basically a decent enough starter scope and I am enjoying it but will be getting a 250px dobsonian soon and would recommend a dobsonian as a first scope now I have used one as well.

Mine is a ****** to colliminate

Archived