Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQ5 Synscan - EQMOD - Alignment

Sammyb

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to do a 3-star alignment using the synscan handpiece, park the scope and then unplug the handpiece and switch to the EQMOD/ASCOM - thus avoiding the need to do the alignment in EQMOD.

WOuld this work?

Thanks,

Sam

Hi thanks OK.

Something I was wondering is I often get "Alignment failed" on the synscan handset. Will this happen with the EQMOD?

Sam

Basically, no. Assuming you're plugged into a program like Carte du Ciel (which I use) you can choose whatever aligment stars you like, and as many as you like depending on how accurate you want it.

My scope is permanently mounted and pretty well polar aligned, so I generally only need one or two stars to align.

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to do a 3-star alignment using the synscan handpiece, park the scope and then unplug the handpiece and switch to the EQMOD/ASCOM - thus avoiding the need to do the alignment in EQMOD.

WOuld this work?

No it wouldn't. EQMOD knows nothing of what's previously gone on in the handcontroller (and the hand controller knows nothing of EQMOD). If you want to use EQMOD you're going to have to align in EQMOD.

Chris.

Archived