NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

navigating SGL's group forums

Hello All,

Would someone please tell me how to navigate to the sub forums that include certain telescope user groups?

I'm aware of the Mak 127 owners group and think there is the Dob owners group but cannot find them.

I'm hoping that these may help me in my decision on buying a properly bigger scope :)

thank you

Tim

Hi Tim - the social groups are all currently undergoing reorganisation. The new groups will be found on a Blue Bar about half way down the main forum page. Some of them have not been populated yet so please bear with us for a few days untill everything is in place.

The old groups have been locked off untill transferred to their new locations. This is to reduce the amount of data to be moved.

The whole exercise is in preparation for the new forum software which will be implemented in the not too distant future :)

All discussions on Equipment are now in the equipment board.

The groups in the Blue bar that Kim mentions are the Social Social Groups if that makes sense.

The equipment groups are going to be amalgamated into the new Equipment help and Discussion boards - these are broken down into the following sections.

• Scopes - this is for OTA's and anything that fits on it!
  • Mounts - mounts, tripod, drives etc basically anything that fits to mount.
  • Eyepieces - anything that fits in the focuser that for visual astronomy.
  • Camera's - anything that fits in the focuser for imaging.
  • Software

I have started moving all the threads across from the old help / discussion pages - but there are loads and it's taking a while.

We are looking at ways of moving the posts from the Equipment Social groups - but it's not as easy as it's sounds.

Cheers

ant

Archived